Moon Over Star

4th and 5th graders, now that you've kicked off your historical fiction unit, you are becoming experts on distinguishing between historical fiction and nonfiction! 

After reading Moon Over Star, please comment below on whether you think it is historical fiction or nonfiction, and provide some specific examples from the text to explain your reasoning.


18 comments:

  1. I think it's Historical fiction because nonfiction is like facts and stuff that's real.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's historical fiction because it is a real event and the caracters are made up because they made up what their saying. then the real thin is when they actully landed on the moon. but they made up the caracters and they are not real.

    ReplyDelete
  3. l think its historical fiction because the Apollo 11 really happens in history so its historical fiction

    ReplyDelete
  4. historical fiction because it's about the moon lunch which is a time in history. Also the talking is made up, not a quote

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that it is historical fiction because there were quotes and the author probably didn't know that the people said those words.There probably isn't somebody alive at that time with the same age and same name and did the exact same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. historacal fiction because it has converstaions

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that the book" Moon over star", is Historical fiction because it seems like it could be real, because it has Micheal Collins in it and it has him going to the moon. And he real did that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that The Moon Over Star is historical fiction because it happened at a real time period but it has some made up characters and made up conversations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it's historical fiction because her grandpa was picking crops when he was a kid and his grand kids are now

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it is nonfiction because it had quotes and it had a rocket and rockets are in the past and they were wearing space clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think that it is historical fiction because the characters are fake and the history is real.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think it is historical Fiction because it really happend

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think the book is historyicl fiction because there was a man on the moon

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think it's historical fiction because their are real events and fake people.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think it's historical fiction because its real life stuff but fake carhictars

    ReplyDelete
  16. i think that it is historical fiction and non fiction because I know that the people that landed on the moon and i knew all of this happened. I also think it is non fiction because it is a true thing that happened and Mae King was a real person,it was Marten Luther Kings wife. that is why i think it is historical fiction and non fiction.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think Moon Over Star historical fiction

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think its historical fiction , because Its a true event but not a real character.

    ReplyDelete