Betsy Dowdy

5th graders, using the clues in the text, do you think The Ride is historical fiction or nonfiction?  Please provide some specific examples to support your argument.


9 comments:

  1. historical because all the stuff that happened is real things that happened in history

    ReplyDelete
  2. in the ride i think its historacal fiction because its based on paul reveres ride and its kind of the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that The Ride was historical fiction. I think the book was historical fiction because nonfiction is all true but the characters talked so you can assume that they don't know the exact words Betsy said.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that The Ride is historical fiction because it happens in a real time period, the American revolution. But it has dialog that no one knows really happened.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the book is Historical fiction because it had the British and the Americans fighting. Also the clothing is not like today. Lastly it never happened so it couldn't of been nonfiction.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it is historical fiction because nonfiction has facts and quotes. But in this book there isn't quotes and there isn't any facts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Historical fiction because those people wouldn't be wearing those types of clothes. And a girl is only allowed to wear dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it could be nonfiction and historical fiction. It could be nonfiction because it I think that it is true. It could be historical fiction because historical fiction means that it is true and it happened about 20 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it's historical because they were wearing clothes back in the day and there were British and that was almost 100 years ago.

    ReplyDelete