As you know, I love poetry! We are so lucky this year because we are going to get a visit from Paul Janeczko in early May. Before he comes, we will explore his books!
In A Kick in the Head: An Everyday Guide to Poetic Forms, we got to read many different kinds of poems. Pick one type of poetry and create your own in the comment sections here.

sometimes in the classroom
ReplyDeleteI think Jason and stephan kings it
is just to awsome
a hakiu by soren
I can't think of a poem
ReplyDeleteso I wish to go home.
This is a couplet
ReplyDeleteOnly
Fear
Flight
My poem is an acrostic
E
Here is my poem
ReplyDeleteTiger, Tiger, why do you have to be such a liar.
This poem is a Couplet
in Florda it hot in the sun,but it is fun
ReplyDeleteI go to the zone
ReplyDeleteto find a bone.
A haiku by Tanner
THERE WAS A CAT A NO GOOD
ReplyDeleteBAD RICKET CLICKETY CAT
this is a acrostic.
ReplyDeleteSneaky,
Not
Alike,
Kind or,
Exhausted
My Poem is a concrete and acrostic poem.
ReplyDeleteR
E
Apple D Apple
Y Y
U The U
M Apple M
M M
Y Y
J U I C Y
By,
Dog lover
Elementary
Love <3
Art
Noun
Eating
You
We are falling from the sky
ReplyDeleteEcho I
are we going to hit thunder
Echo under
there we go
Echo o
Know we look back and say yay
Echo ay
Know we say hey Echo hey
Echo hey
My friend is as kind and clever as a parrot
ReplyDeleteI love playing games with her because she always plays fair
Riding bikes with her would be so fun
And also I really would like a bun
Never mind I would like to fly a kite
Don't ask why and I am saying this because you might
A good day to you
I will write a ribble poem.
ReplyDeleteWhat is the powerful thing on the world that will never end?
The thing that give light to your friend.
The thing that will last awile.
That thing is a smile.