Friday, January 8, 2016

The Caldecott is Coming!


2nd graders, as you know, the new Caldecott Medal winner will be announced on Monday (and I'll be there!  I can't wait to tell you all about it). 

Looking at past winners, please pick ONE of these questions to answer:
  • Why do you think The Adventures of Beekle: The Unimaginary Friend won the award last year?  What makes the illustrations worthy of a Caldecott?
OR
  • Which book is your favorite past Caldecott winner?  Why? Please be specific!

6 comments:

  1. I say that because it is a good book because it has good pictures and there is a lot of color and the illustrator took his time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that beekle won The Caldecott medal because it has great picture . The author cut out pieces of paper .

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Big snow day. The detail . The way the Color Picture goes blak and wight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that Beekle won the Caldecott because it has a lot of details in the illustrations. They are really colorful and they tell you without reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm WRITING about officer buckle in the story the officer buckle said stand on the swirly chair.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think beetle won because it has a lot of cool pictures and cutout pictures for a lot of illustration he uses a lot of color for a tiny book like that he does a lot of detail to the illustration of the book it is gorgis that's how I think how it won the callacotmedl medl.

    ReplyDelete