We are so excited about our summer reading plans at PES! All of our students have set a goal to read at least one book a day (K-2) or for 1 hour a week (grades 3-5).
Summer is a great time to be outdoors and physically active, but there is always time to read! Some families have a regular reading time every day (in the morning, around lunch, or at bedtime) while other families squeeze it in whenever they can (at the beach, under the shade of a tree). Regardless of where and when it happens, reading is a perfect summer activity!
Please come and see us at the Totman Library!A PES staff member will be there every Wednesday morning all summer from 10:30-11:30am to read with you. The schedule is as follows:
- June 20: Mrs. Babcock
- June 27: Mrs. Vasoll
- July 11: Ms. Phelps
- July 18: Ms. Reed
- July 25: Ms. Knapp
- August 1: Miss Benn (now Mrs. Bevans!)
- August 8: Mrs. Snell
- August 15: Mrs. Baldwin
Some additional summer reading resources:
- The RSU1 Suggested Summer Reading List
- The PES Summer Reading Log Calendar for Students entering K-2
- The PES Summer Reading Calendar for Students entering grades 3-5
- TumbleBooks (awesome online books for kids of all ages); the username is "phippsburg" and the password is "books."
- Other great online resources parents and kids can explore together
Finally, can you get caught reading?? Take a picture of yourself reading this summer and email it to me (firstname.lastname@example.org) and I will post it on our school's Facebook page!