Sunday, March 25, 2012

Celebrating the Chickadee Award

We are celebrating the Chickadee Award this week in grades K-4!  The Chickadee Award is Maine's Children's Choice picture book award, which means that kids get to vote for the winner.  I wish I got a vote too!  Kids in grades K-3 will hear two Chickadee Award nominees every day this week - one in their classroom and one in their special (art, PE, guidance, library and music).  At the end of the week, they'll vote for their favorite.  I can't wait to find out which one wins here at PES and across the whole state of Maine.

4th graders, you are lucky because you get to vote for both the Chickadee Award and the Maine Student Book Award!  Which two titles are you voting for?  Tell me why and convince me that the books you vote for should be the winners!











5 comments:

  1. I vote for mirror mirror because the illustrated were so good. alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE THE BOOK CELVIN CANT FLY BECAUSE THE ILESTHASHONS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote for big red lollypop. Because it can teach little kids how to share.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the books but if I could pick a winner I would have to pick Mirror Mirror By Marilyn Singer Illustrated By Josee Masse because I think all the pictures where beautiful and all the text fit right in and all the words were perfect and the funnyness I loved soo mush well it was not funny it rimed alot so that is what I ment

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked the book Big Red Lollipop and its really cute and funny. Its also a pretty setting. I think Big Red Lollipop should win

    ReplyDelete